Thursday, November 20, 2008

Changes

Ok...so if you've read my previous blog, you know Bill and I are making some big changes in our house. Today was my turn. I am am out of gas for our van. Usually, I'd go to Fred Meyers and write a check (since they still take them) and PRAY that it doesnt clear before our next payday which is a week from Friday! But, I cant do that anymore. In fact, I dont want to do that! So, I figured I could walk to work.....it only takes me 4 minutes to drive there, so walking shouldnt take too long, right? Not so much. 45 minutes later, I arrived at work-30 minutes after I was suppose to be there! Oops. (Tomorrow I think I will leave a lot earlier!! ) Thankfully I remembered my umbrella because it was pouring down rain.
Actually, it was a nice walk, and I really could use the exercise anyway. :)

4 comments:

Andrea P. said...

You go girl! Don't forget it's better for the environment, too. You are an inspiration. Thanks!

mholgate said...

Good job sticking to your goals with the money spending! Not only are you being a wise steward of your money, you are gaining some great health benefits too!

Hugs,
Melissa

colleen said...

good for you Stephanie! Isn't it funny how long it can take to walk somewhere that only takes a few minutes to drive???

samantha said...

Walking is very good excercise. I can't drive yet, but I walk everywhere, and some of the advantages I like about that is that I don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. I also don't have to worry about gas. Good job!