Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Begining!

So, I've decided that I need to start blogging again. I am about to embark on a new adventure and I want to blog on my way there. I think I'll use this as my journal so I can remember how I felt, what I did etc. My new adventure??? I'm a surrogate mom!!
This is something I've always wanted to do! I can remember the exact moment it came to me. I think I was in 9th or 10th grade driving down I-90 in Spokane with my mom. We were talking about my cousin who could not carry a baby and I remember saying "I would carry a baby for her!!" Ever since then, this desire has been in my heart.
So a couple years ago, when I knew we were done having our own children, I found a local surrogacy agency and signed up-and waited. There were a couple opportunities offered to me but those situations did not fit into why I wanted to be a surrogate.
Finally in April of 2011, we were paired up with our couple. They are a wonderful couple and have a heartbreaking story of becoming parents. They also share the same values as us-see, I refuse to terminate for any reason. I believe life begins at conception and God is the creater of life no matter how the child is conceived. We all agree on this issue which is wonderful for both parties!!
The process is just starting. Right now, I'm taking injections to prepare my body and make sure I will be able to accept an embryo. The transfer should be in late September if all goes well. I am so excited and I can't believe this is actually happening!
I will be using this blog to journal our steps....even if no one reads it! HA!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I will follow!! I think what you're doing for this family is an amazing thing. I can't wait to follow your journey. I wish you all the best on your journey.