Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In a Nutshell

It's been a long while since I've posted anything so I thought I should write something. Really, not much has been going on. Things are pretty good....hard, but good-I think.
Actually, the last few months have been pretty rocky, but we are still staying strong as a couple and a family.
My job has been so stressful and I've developed a new sense of anxiety. It's been so bad that I've had to go visit the Dr and be put on anxiety meds. I'm also trying not to drink regular coffee on my work days. I don't like the feeling of anxiety. My heart pounds, my stomach hurts, my head hurts......it's not fun. The job itself is not that hard, it's the training part. I really like my trainer, but she is a perfectionist which makes it kinda hard to work under. This week I'm switching trainers and my new trainer is more laid back, Friday was my first day with her and hopefully things go like they did then. If so, then this job seems doable. The other stress trigger for me it that my hearing is causing me a problem at work. I talked to the Dr about it last week, and he sent me to an audiologist today. It turns out I do have significant hearing loss and I was told I would benefit from a hearing aid. Problem is, my insurance wont cover hearing aids and they are very expensive! Wow. I guess hearing loss runs in my family. Anyway, I'm not really sure what to do with this information-do I tell my supervisors? I don't know. I'm praying that if I'm suppose to say anything, God will give me the opportunity to. The job is kinda fun when I'm having a good day...I really do like it. June 1st through the 17Th, I go to Academy in Salem, OR. I'm excited for that!!
Bills job is going good. I appreciate him so much! He works so hard and is doing pretty good considering the economy stuff going on. Speaking of economy, his income was cut 10%. Ouch! Even though this hurts, both of us have a sense of peace and are not really worried.
In April we were able to pay off two more credit cards!! Yippee!! It's a good feeling to have those gone. We still have three more to go-but they are our bigger ones. It might be a while till those are gone. But 3 is better than 8, right?? :)
We are working on building up our savings again since we've depleted it with car repairs and a new water heater. That's OK though...we were so thankful that we actually had the money in our account to pay cash for those things.
The boys are doing well. Elliot is still playing baseball and we love watching him. They are so cute out there! Riley is not doing a sport right now-I think it would throw me over the edge if I had 2 kids in a sport right now. Too much!! But he is playing violin. He's actually getting pretty good at it. A couple weeks ago he had his first recital-he did really well.
Brady is already getting ready for football. A couple times a week, he is doing a strength and agility training. I can already see some results-I think he is feeling better too.
Well, I guess that's been our life the past couple days. Nothing too exciting. Hope this all finds you well.

No comments: