Sunday, October 19, 2008

God is Bigger!

What a busy week it's been! One of the harder weeks I've had I might add. It started last Monday when we got "the" phone call. Of course, like every other time, it had to do with our finances, but this was different. This time we couldnt see a way out or any solution of our own. I wont go into all the details, but it was scary for both of us.
So, I went and did my work out at the gym Monday night and felt better, but when I woke up Tuesday morning, it hit me hard. I had one of those days where felt like staying in my bed all day! But, I made my way to work, hoping I could keep to myself all day, but no, it happened to be a meeting filled day and I had to be at all of them and couldnt stay in the safety of my little cubicle.
Once I was able to vent to someone, I felt a little better and was able to move on with my day. I even made it to Bible study that night.
Long story short, I had my 24 hour pity party. Finally at the end of the night when I decided to pray about everything God gave me a sense of peace. I was reminded about how BIG God is. I have a vision of what our situation is like. I can see myself standing in front of a HUGE mountain that I cant climb or get around in anyway......but no matter how big my "mountain" is God is much bigger and He is my only way out! Even though nothing has changed with our situation this week, I still can see little, no wait, make that big victories. Bill and I are on the same page and working together. If you've known me for very long, that is a HUGE victory! We agreed to get an outside opinion on this and now are going to start seeing a financial counselor. We found one that is certified by Dave Ramsey and he will be coaching us until we can figure this whole thing out.
So, a few times a day, I just have to remind myself that even thought this problem is big for us, God is so much bigger and He is in control!
Everything else seems to be going pretty good. Brady had another football game yesterday and they lost again. It's so discouraging because the kids get so down, but it has been so fun to see how much they have improved since the beginning of the year. Next Saturday is the last game and I think all the parents are probably praying that we can at least win that one! I'm praying for that AND I'm praying that Brady can make his first touchdown! I kinda bribed him today-I told him that if he made a touchdown, I would give him $$. I'm hoping that will help a little. (by the way, bribing is not a common thing in our household-just in case your wondering) :)







2 comments:

mholgate said...

Hang in there Stephanie! God is bigger than any mountain we can face. : )

Hugs,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Saw your comment on My Charming Kids about her McKids names. She did post the names a couple of months back but in case she doesn't again they are Big Mac: Keiran, McNugget: Cullen, and Small Fry: Macie