Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another update

Brady Riley and Elliot
Riley's birthday party

Riley with the swine flu!


Yep, he really had it!!



Elliot on first




I know it's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd do a quick update. Things are going well right now. Riley has recovered from H1N1 and is doing great. Brady has not had much of a problem with his Asthma lately and Elliot is just Elliot. :)





Riley turned 11 on June 1st. I cant believe he's that old already. What a great kid. I am so proud of him and love being his mom! Today he had a birthday party at our park here in St.Helens. There were about 20 kids that showed up and they played a few games of capture the flag and snake in the grass (not sure how that one is played). We all had a lot of fun and the weather was perfect. Not too hot or cold and no rain.





Speaking of rain, last Thursday we had an amazing storm. Well, were I was there was an amazing storm. I've been in Salem for police academy to get my certification for my job. I go back tomorrow for a week and then the following week I'm only there for a few days. I'm actually enjoying my time there even though I have to be in uniform and we have to march a little. Anyway, back to the storm. I really wish I could have taken some pictures. It was so raining and windy. There were about 250 lightning strikes and a tornado warning. I guess 10 minutes from where I was, there was an actual tornado. It was so cool!! Our power went out for a short time, but our class kept going. St.Helens did not get hit very hard at all-but baseball games still got canceled.





So, at academy, I've been learning so much. From Criminal law to Oregon Motor Vehicle Code to Ethics and more. Anyway, it's very interesting and I like it but am missing being at work.





The boys have 4 more days left of school. They are all so excited to be out!! Brady earned the presidential fitness award. We are so proud of him and I know he is proud too. His ceremony is on the 12th, but unfortunately I dont get to go. That's my graduation day from academy. I'm bummed about that. Anyway, here are some pictures of the kids. Hope this finds you all well.

1 comment:

mholgate said...

Great pictures! I'm glad to hear you weren't effected too much by the storm. I was praying for you.

We've got birthdays galore just around the corner, starting with Braden on Wednesday. Summer is fast approaching. I'm looking forward to break. We should have a lot of fun.

Love,
Mel