Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving, Sickness, New Job and Christmas

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd better play catch up here now! It's been a busy couple of weeks. Lets see.......Thanksgiving was great! We went up to LaCenter Wa (just about an hour from here) The food was all good and the company even better. The kids love going there...they usually take their BB guns and go into the woods to hunt for some rabbit. (they still have yet to get one)
Brady has been sick all week. His asthma has been acting up all week and has run a fever, so he's been home from school and now has piles of homework to catch up on!! Oh well, hopefully there wont be too many flare ups in the future. He missed over 20 days of school last year because of his asthma. I'm hoping and praying that this year will be different. This is his first flare up since February when he started getting allergy shots.
I had my third and final interview with Columbia 911 Communications on Wednesday this week. It went great and they offered me the job. I had to take a physical today.....hearing, vision tests etc. I passed and my official start date is the 20th. I will have a new schedule of Saturday-Tuesdays 2:00pm-midnight. I'm kinda excited about this schedule. I think it's actually going to work out really well. I get to be home more on the weekdays with the kids and even get to go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays. And even more....I will be making more money per month, which will also help us with our Dave Ramsey plan. Which by the way is going great!
We still have a very long road ahead of us but at least now, we can see the light at the end!
We met with our financial counselor on Thursday. I'm so thankful we have that accountability! Not only for helping us keep on track but also to encourage us in how far we come. I have a feeling that we will have some "down" times, but having a third party involved will help us get through those times.
We've decorated our house for Christmas minus the tree...we should be getting that in the next couple of weeks or so. It's weird here though. I'm still trying to get used to Christmas with no snow-but only rain. Last year, it snowed a little but not a whole lot to make it feel "Christmassy" (is that a word?) It's funny, when it does snow, the kids' schools will be on 2 hour late start or even canceled!! The kids dont mind it one bit, but it seems so silly to me.
Riley and Elliot had their Christmas (er, I mean Holiday concert) tonight. I think they sang 3 Christmas (agh, I mean holiday) songs but mostly songs like "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" or "Lean on Me" etc. On a side note, I really miss hearing "Merry Christmas" when I go to the store.....not "Happy Holidays".
Anyway, so I guess that's it for now. Only 20 days till Christmas and I'm sure these next 3 weeks will go by so quickly. If I dont update before then, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

mholgate said...

Congrats on the new job Stephanie! It sounds like you will have a lot more time with your family, which is wonderful.

It's good to hear that you and Bill are sticking to your plan. I'm praying for you guys! I'll be praying about the asthma episodes too.

I was really missing you yesterday. Sure wish we could sit down for a cup of coffee! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers though. One day, we can sit and have all the coffee we want in Heaven!!!!

Love you,
Melissa